Mark Drama Australia
Mark Drama Australia coordinates the productions of the Mark Drama across Australia. The Mark Drama is a 90 minute theatre-in-the-round performance of the life of Jesus, as recorded in the Bible by Mark. For information on the drama itself, click here.
A brief history
Beginning in England by Andrew Page, the show has been performed right across Europe and throughout the world. In 2014, Andrew Page directed productions of the Mark Drama in Sydney, Melbourne, and Adelaide. Andrew trained directors in Australia, entrusting the show’s future productions here to a small Steering Committee.
Chairman: Samuel Mills, Grace Anglican Church, Sydney – email@example.com
Secretary: Jeanette Chin, AFES, ANU, Canberra – firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Steph Adams, Moore Theological College, Sydney – email@example.com
Media and Communications Director: Jono Mills, Wollondilly Anglican Church – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Steering Committee aims to promote the value of the Mark Drama among churches, Christian student groups, and other Christian organisations throughout Australia, that God might be glorified as his word is heard. We are eager to partner with evangelical teams who are committed to proclaiming Jesus as King and are faithful in teaching God’s word.
What we believe
The fundamental truths of the Christian faith are upheld by Mark Drama Australia, who are convinced that:
- The Bible is God’s holy word, divinely inspired and infallible, and is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- God is the united Father, Son and Holy Spirit as revealed in Scripture, who created all things, and thus deserves all respect, recognition, praise, honour and thanks.
- Since the fall of Adam, all humanity are corrupt and guilty, and thus subject to the just wrath and condemnation of our holy God.
- Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born as a human to the virgin, Mary.
- Mankind can only be redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin, through the sacrificial death of Christ Jesus the incarnate Son of God, who was crucified as our representative and substitute.
- Jesus Christ defeated death, was raised bodily from the dead, ascended to heaven, and is now seated on God’s throne as the eternal and universal King.
- The Holy Spirit’s work is necessary to make the death of Christ effective in individual sinners, granting individuals repentance towards God and true faith in Christ Jesus.
- The Holy Spirit works in and indwells believers.
- The King, Jesus Christ, will return to judge and redeem the world.
Mark Drama Australia meets regularly to manage production inquires and coordinate the Australian directors. If you would like more information about who we are or what we do, please contact us.
If you would like information about the Mark Drama in other countries, please visit the international website.